Here’s Brief overview of the Muslim Students’ Society of Nigeria in Lagos State. A brief introduction to get familiar with our society.
The society, Muslim Students' Society of Nigeria, is the meeting point for all Muslim Students in all Higher Institutions, Secondary Schools in most part (if not all), graduate and Post Graduates as well as Muslims who attend technical institution, like the craftsmen and women in Nigeria. Frankly speaking, this society has one of the largest spread of society in (religious or otherwise) in the whole of Nigeria.
The major objective is that it may be the forum for making every Muslim youth that is privileged to attend any school in the country, secondary or tertiary, to be conscious about Islam and being its ambassadors.
Honoured brothers and sisters in Islam, you will agree with us that we cannot witness a resurgence of our faith, Islam, we can not even keep the flag flying without a well structured arrangement, collective and continuous effort to make Muslim Students graduates from various fields of study in the various institutions with a sound and well-grounded understanding of Islam and its ethics. AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT WE ATTEMPT TO DO!
As they prepare to take leadership and management role in various organization –public and private sector, we desire that the wonderful culture of Islam, well entrenched in them, be brought to the fore.
In Lagos State…
The arm of the society in Lagos State Area Unit (LSAU) has been in the forefront of achieving this lofty objective.
It has members (and organizes training and development programmes) in all higher institutions in the state.
- University of Lagos. (UNILAG)
- Lagos State University (LASU)
- Yaba College of Technology (Yabatech)
- Lagos State Polytechnics (Laspotech)
- Federal College of Education,Akoka FCE(T)
- Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education (AOCOED) Oto, Ijanikin.
- Lagos State College of Primary Education (LACOPED), Epe.
- School of Nursing, Ikoyi.
- Lagos State School of Health Technology (LASCOHET), Yaba.
- Federal School Of Fisheries and Marine Technology, Victoria Island.
- St. Augustine College of Education (SACOED), Akoka.
- Ansarudeen College of Education (ADCOED),Isolo.
- Nigeria Opportunities Industrialization Centre (NOIC), Gbagada
- All secondary schools in Lagos state.
Aside Islam, there’s training and capacity building programmes; the society also organizes Seminars, Workshop, Symposia and Conferences. Programmes targeted at increasing our presence at the tertiary education level include:
- Extra–mural classes for secondary school students
- Pre SSCE for SSCE candidates
- Mock UME/PCE
And our weekly Usrah brings the members together every Thursday to foster brotherhood among us. Our major camping programmes are: Holiday Training Courses, Islamic Vacation Camps etc.
Muslim Students' Society of Nigeria, Lagos State Area Unit, (MSSN, LSAU), is the oldest, most active, most vibrant and most promising Area Unit in the country. It was founded automatically with the society itself in the year 1954.